Saturday, March 12, 2011

Four Wheeler driving Experience.....

Hey readers....

I am now back to write the review of my new Santro (At least for me its new...).

I bought a second hand Hyundai Santro which is of 2007 make and a limited edition...

As far as the vehicle is concerned its a fully loaded with Power Steering, all Four Power Windows, Digital Tachometer, Alloy Wheels, Tubeless Tyres, Front and Rear Defogger, Central locking and a very good Pioneer MP3 player with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. The only feature which is missing is remote locking system (I guess the car dealer has removed that).

When I decided to go for this vehicle, I was not knowing anything about 4 wheelers as well as driving. Sandy and Badri helped me to go for this vehicle after test driving it... The vehicle has run only 27K Kms.... and the engine is in very good condition...

I finalized my decision to go for this vehicle and paid the advance to the dealer on 2nd of Feb. I got the vehicle delivered on 22nd Feb by paying only half of the amount (The first owner has no NOC from the bank yet). I still have to pay another half of the amount which I have promised him to pay as soon as he provides me the NOC from the bank.

Between 2nd Feb and 22nd Feb I did learn few basics of driving by joining a Driving school near my house. I started driving this vehicle just near my home once it was delivered to me. On 28 Feb my In law's had come to Bangalore to take my wife with them to Sagar. On that day I decided that we all 4 can leave in my car to Sagar so that I can also join them till Sagar and I get a driving experience also.

1st March: The big day of my driving. Myself, My Wife Poorni, and my In laws started from my home at around 6:45 in the morning. My mom was bit hesitant as I was driving and did a pooja to our vehicle also.

At last we started from Bangalore, and what to say about Bangalore's morning. It was cool and bit mist covered. As the traffic on the roads was bit less From Goragutepalya I took the elevated Highway to Daabaspet (Distance was around 25 Kms and the toll was just 15 Rs.) I crossed the elevated highway and reached Daabaspet in just 18 mins. Truly speaking even I was bit hesitant to go for high speed.

Once we reached Daabaspet and paid another toll for highway to Tumkur I was bit confident that I can also drive. Started the vehicle and reached up to 120 Kms/Hr speed. Wow.... That was hair rising experience for me.... There were no stops for the vehicle and my drive till we reached KB cross which is in between Gubbi and Tiptur. There at K B cross we stopped the vehicle for our breakfast and a small power nap for me.

We started from K B Cross after a long break of 1 hour and till Shimoga again there was not stopping of the vehicle. Badri and Sapna were there in Shimoga due to which we stooped there for about 30 minutes and drove to Sagar. In fact we reached Sagar at around 3:30 in the afternoon.

To be specific I reached Sagar in 9 hours with almost 2 hours of breaks in between...
No one was ready to believe that I drove all the way from Bangalore to Sagar in just 7 hours of Drive time.... This is my first experience of driving my 2K7 new Santro Limited Edition...

Oh yeah!!! I forgot to mention this... The car also has ABS (Anti Lock Breaking System) which I came to know while driving to Sagar.

To finalize the overall experience of my driving was toooo good and I enjoyed it a lot....

No comments: