Friday, November 6, 2009

A Lonely Journey In to the Wild…..

After a long journey for about 4 years in Wipro I made my mind to change the company to gain some knowledge and money…….. I had almost 10 days of break and the biggest festival of India Diwali to come at the same time so I made my mind to spend my diwali days at my native place, The mother of Nature…...

Journey Starts (14 Oct):

My parents had just arrived from their South India tour and I had already prepared my route to celebrate my holidays in my native. On the 14th Night I had booked my tickets from travel agent to Sirsi from Bangalore. Due to the festive season the fares of bus had also increased by 50%. I did not think about the money which I am going to spend, What I had thought was the enjoyment and the happiness what I get in these small villages. The journey was about 12 Hrs. and the seat at the bus was at the end and I was completely tired due to the bad roads of India.

One of my cousins had promised me to provide me his motor bike in which I had planned to make my trip little bit adventurous. Due to some circumstances he could not adjust a bike for me due to which I had to re-plan my trip with the KSRTC. I took a bus to Amminalli which is around 20 Kms from Sirsi and a rental bike to reach my native place Vadigere. It was around 1 PM when I reached home. I had to take a long shower with hot water from Hande to get refreshed myself. After the Lunch a small nap was also needed for me to get refreshed. Almost in the evening I just made a mind to go to the Fields where we grow the Rice, Vanilla, Black Pepper, Elachi and Betel Nut.

Journey to Benne Hole Falls (16 Oct.):

After the night on the next day I started my journey to my cousin’s house Bettanne Mane which is around 6 Kms from my native. On the same day I made my mind to take a motor bike for rent and drive to Benne Hole Falls. After filling the bike with Petrol and myself with food I started from Bettanne Mane to Benne Hole Falls which is around 25 Kms from Sirsi on the Kumta Road. After riding for about 20 Kms I come across a small village by name Bundala. After Bundala there is a small mud road, a typical jeep road to left which leads to the falls. The rain was also stopped few days back due to which the temperature at the place was also cool. After looking at the mud road I was completely shocked as the road was completely ruined due to heavy rain. I made my mind to see the falls and started my journey in the jungle. For about 4 Kms from Sirsi-Kumta Highway in the mud road was completely in the jungle I was all alone in the jungle. I come across with few snakes on my way and crawling of some animals in the jungle. After crossing about 3 Kms I found that a tree was fallen on the way and I had to go in the jungle by walk. The way was also pathetic with hell lot of Leaches in the jungle.

At last I reached the Benne Hole Falls after a walk for about 2 Kms. I was completely stunned by seeing the view of the falls. I was all alone in the falls and I had almost 2 Hours to spend before the sunset. After taking few snaps there, I started climbing back to the place where I had kept my motor bike. Once reached, I found that there were two snakes playing near my motor bike. Then I made a strong mind and took a long stick and threw the snakes away from me so that I can drive back to the highway

(A note for the people who are planning to travel to Benne Hole Falls, Please do not try to go to the falls by any of the cars. A SUV might be good rather than a hatchback or a sedan. Try to take lime stone water or Dettol to avoid leeches. In case if you are going through a small car you can plan to trek for 8 Kms one way.)

Once I reached the high way I thought to move till the Devimane Ghat and come back. The view of Western Ghats from Divemane Temple is breath taking. After a small break and few photo sessions I started back to Bettanne Mane. On the way I had even been to the Lord Venkateshwara Temple at Manjguni.

The sunset view at Manjguni was so good that I could not move forward till the sun was set. And after the sunset I was back to the home at Bettanne Mane and my adventurous day had come to an end.

Bettanne Mane to Kundargi (17 Oct.):

In the morning just after the my breakfast I started towards Sirsi in order to move to Kundargi. A surprise was waiting at Sirsi for me that I met with all my Cousins and my aunt at the bus stand. We headed towards Ummachgi from Sirsi. This day and the next day was anyhow a festival period so I had no other plans other than spending the time with my Cousins.

Kundargi to Honnavar (19 Oct.):

A bright Monday full of mist and cold welcomed us with a bright sunrise and I headed my journey to Honnavar to my other aunt’s house. The whole day I spent in journey and in the afternoon when I reached Honnavar, the temperature at the place was too hot due to the sea level humidity. I, my aunt and my cousin headed towards the sea shore to capture the sunset in my camera. After capturing the sun in my camera we were back again to the home after the sunset.
Honnavar to Hirekai (20 Oct.):

20th October, It was a Tuesday and everyone was in a hurry to go to the school (my cousin, Aunt and Uncle) but I was sleeping nicely at the bed. In the meanwhile a thought was flashed on my mind that I had to visit the temples at Idagunji and Gokarna. After a quick bath and breakfast I took the bus and reached Idagunji where a sacred temple of Lord Vinayaka exists. I again headed towards Gokarna from Idagunji after my pooja at the temple. I had reach Gokarna before 1 PM so that I can avail the opportunity to have the lunch at the temple. As per my wish I got the connecting buses on time and reached Gokarna in time. I visited the Lord Vinayaka Temple and Mahabaleshwara Temple at Gokarna.


After delicious lunch at Gokarna I headed towards the beach there. A small trek near the sea shore took me to a place where there was another beautiful temple of lord Shiva. Away from the crowd the beauty of the temple was carefully maintained. It was time to leave Gokarna and I headed towards the bus stand. Unfortunately I could not get the bus from Gokarna to Kumta on time due to which I had to go to my uncle’s house near Sirsi by walk in the dark.

Drive to Unchalli Falls (21 Oct):

My lonely trip was about to end as I had already booked my tickets back to the Concrete Kaadu, Bangalore for 21st. I didn’t want to waste my entire day in my uncle’s house due to which my uncle and me headed towards the Unchalli Falls which was about 20 Kms from his house. We had to go by walk for about a Km but my uncle took the bike on that small road. Due to the rain the surface was still wet and the bike started to skid. I did not have a strong mind to sit in the back and fall down. I asked him to park the vehicle and we started walking.

The falls has a single view point from the above. There is no way to reach the bottom of the falls. A rainbow was also formed due to the sun and the water at the falls. After taking few pictures there we were back to the house.

I had a full satisfaction for completing my journey in to the wild with nature. I started back to the City of dreams to start my new career with the new company.

1 comment:

francis dsouza said...

Hi Vinay

I hope your enjoying your life in treking..

Photos and wording are beautiful..

All the Best

Francis